Thursday, May 1, 2008

checking in.


i have been absent, BUT i have a doctor's note. luckily my foot silliness turns out not to be an infection (despite doctor's best efforts to convince me, the culture didn't grow!) and so now the likely reason that my foot swelled to the size of a melon is some kind of bite..."it presents like venom" the fourth doctor said on my fourth trip to the hospital, Thanks! that was my original idea, but i am on antibiotics, elevating the foot when possible and trying to get back into the swing of work, blogging, laundry, etc. i must give a big shout out to all my friends in new york who i didn't spend much time with, next time i am steering clear of the botanical gardens AND the subway;)

so while i have been away what have i been up to besides panic attacks over not having insurance? well yesterday, use your words, the project that emilia and i collaborated on ended...today i miss it already. lately i have been having breakfast envy...every day! and another one bites the dust, one of my favorite bloggers has made the leap into the unknown to stop working for the man and start something for herself, good luck & kudos! i downloaded the sneak peak from a band i adore. i also made a rad cake for my nephew brody's 5th birthday (pictures to follow). my magnolia, which is annually wrecked by rain as soon as it buds, bloomed and still blooms against the very blue skies of spring here after thankfully short lived rain. please enjoy my favorite shade of pink & a perfect blue, welcome spring!



[photo by kristy for thingsihearttoday]

No comments: