SO, another long day with some unexpected tasks thrown my way, along with a case of the sleepies! it is super junior tuesday in the world of politics and while i am obsessed (and therefore not on task), i just can't bring politics to this page - it's like a dinner party, don't bring up politics and religion! so while i am distracted by primaries and caucuses and preparing for yet ANOTHER snow storm, i took time out to let my brain laugh, thought a little 80's never hurt anyone, so have fun with this too:)
1. How old were you in 1980?
born january 11th!
2. How old were you in 1989?
3. Were you a Toys R' Us kid?
not really - it was expensive back in the day, i was a k-mart kid
4. Did you watch Transformers?
YES! but i loved thundercats more.
5. Did you see E.T. on the big screen?
not that i remember.
6. Did you own a Lite Bright?
no, just majorly jealous of people who did (like my friend lyla)!
7. Who is your Favorite Golden Girl?
ROSE! betty white is as funny as you get.
8. When someone says " Who you gonna call? " You think?
9. What was your favorite toy?
a battery operated 4-wheeler that i named "KIT", after knightrider, of course!
10. Did you have a Pogo Ball?
pink with turquoise!
11. Did you listen to New Kids on the Block?
did i listen to anything else? i also saw them in concert and we booed tiffany (the opening act) off the stage...
12. Which New Kid was your favorite?
13. Did you play M.A.S.H?
i'm playing it right now! i loved that game, i think i always ended up in a shack with corey haim
14. Did you watch The Care Bears?
yes, i love sunshine bear.
15. Did you have Jelly bracelets?
yes and i could twist them to make them a chain! and i had jelly shoes too, but they are all fun & games until you get a rock in the bottom...
16. Did you have a charm necklace and/or bracelet?
i don't think so, maybe a best friend split heart with tara or chrissy!
17. Did you own a glo-worm?
yes, my favorite, i bought an identical one for my nephew when he was born
18. Did you ever own a slap bracelet?
i owned A LOT of them and then they were outlawed at school and were less cool
19. The Breakfast Club or Sixteen Candles?
breakfast club - i do a great molly ringwald in the library dance
20. Did you have a crazy hair style?
i had the white rain sprayed claw bang hair-do, off to one side, sweet!
21. What was your first bike?
huffy pink & white checkered
22. Name one thing you still own from your childhood?
i had my teddy ruxpin until this past summer, but i still have my stuffed little foot from the land before time!
23. Did you have a Cabbage Patch Kid?
yes! her name was essa - who thought those names up?
24. Did you dress like Madonna?
oh boy! i took outfits to school in my backpack and changed into them - sequins, leggings & all
25. Rainbow Brite or Strawberry Shortcake?
rainbow brite, obviously!
26. Did you watch Miami Vice?
no, was after my bedtime
27. Did you own a pair of Jelly Shoes?
yes, see #15.
28. Did you own a Trapper Keeper?
light blue with a tiger on it! i think that i still have it somewhere in storage.
29. Atari or Nintendo?
EEK! atari for pong, nintendo for super mario. my brother had both so i guess i just liked whatever one he would let me play!
30. Did you play Pac-Man?
not a lot
31. Which was better: Jem and The Holograms or Barbie and The Rockers!?
JEM! holograms are way better than rockers in terms of a back-up system as a rule!
32. He-Man or She-Ra?
She-Ra! how cool was she? BIG hearts.
33. What movie scared you the most?
wizard of oz, those monkeys and the trees freaked me out...now it's one of my favorites
34. Did you try to dance like Michael Jackson?
i did, with my switchblade comb in hand and my white glove...slight MJ obsession in my youth!
35. What Is The First Thing That Comes To Mind When You Hear "FLUX" ?
i have no idea! uh-oh, bad 80's child.
36. What other colors did Pepsi come in? Which is best?
clear, which is just weird! regular pepsi was best
37. Roger Rabbit Or Howard The Duck?
roger rabbit - i love jessica rabbit, "i'm not bad, i'm just drawn that way" words to live by!
38. Did you ever beg your parents to have your school picture taken with the 'LASER' background?
HA! Yes! and i got it once and then i wasn't even crazy about it, i always wanted the double silhouette (i just had to spell check this word!) too but never got that one!
39. Do you know what the Ninja Rap is?
if it has to do with four turtles - YES!
40. Do you know why people cringe when they hear the word BUCKNER?
41. Can you name the family members from National Lampoons Vacation movies?
clark, that's it
42. WallyWorld or Europe?
43. What was your favorite movie from the 80's?
can't buy me love...me and tara watched that movie till it wore out! classic.
44. Who puts Baby in the corner?
according to johnny - NOBODY!